The Park was founded in June 2018 as a corporate venture backed by Telenet and 9.5 Ventures. The Park developed rapidly into a reference in location based virtual reality entertainment. It scaled to 5 venues across Belgium in 1.5 years, with over 100K customers and is currently rolling out an aggressive international and multi continental growth. The cornerstone of its success is its team of brilliant, no nonsense minds that are psyched to defy global industry leaders and for whom ‘data driven’ is more than another start-up buzzword. This team – Belgium based – is welcoming a Finance Manager to strengthen its ranks.
Are you passionate & able to translate financials into comprehensive management reports and translate business ideas into financials? You want to shape a successful XR scale-up that is already pioneering globally and expanding internationally? Are you excited by the opportunity to shape a successful start-up into a scaling powertrain? If so, we would love to talk to you!
The ideal applicant is a strong multi-faceted leader, who become part of the backbone of the dynamic team of The Park. (S)he is skilled in financial management and has a detail driven, analytical mindset. We are looking for a candidate who doesn’t shy away from getting his/her hands dirty, has the versatility to step beyond a ‘archetypical’ finance role and bring the team to joint success.
Role & Responsibilities
- Financial right hand of the CEO;
- Manage P&L, balance sheet, cash flow and investment schedule;
- Be on top of controlling & analytics to steer business decisions;
- Roll out international reporting and support set up of legal entities in continuous flow;
- Oversee insurance & bank relations;
- Structure HR and legal related topics;
- Guard and update monthly budgets of the different departments;
- Manage external accounting firm in reporting to standards of a publicly traded company.
- An ambitious team player with an entrepreneurial spirit & analytical talent;
- 4+years experience in a top consulting firm, financial services firm (investment banking) or high performant ultra-growth environment. A combination with having worked in a start-up is advisable;.
- Track record in end-to-end ownership of multiple simultaneous projects;
- Extensive Excel & modelling skills and ability to communicate analytics;
- English, Dutch, French or any additional languages are a strong plus;
- Demonstrated initiative and gravitas, in or outside professional life;